google-site-verification: google165acb1caeacfc0a.html

Monday, December 26, 2011

Carmelo Anthony

Carmelo Anthony
In the December/January issue of Haute Living magazine, super producer Swizz Beatz interviewed NY Knick Carmelo Anthony.

The interview was held during the NBA lock-out when a lot of the players were a bit down, but Carmelo was Mr. Optimistic. The two discussed everything from his fashion sense to how he handles business.

On how Carmelo views his own fashion sense:

Fashion depends on the individual, whatever the individual is feeling that day, that's [his or her] own self, [his or her] own fashion. You [referring to Swizz Beatz] call yourself "The Renaissance Man," I have a [classic], edgy style but with some new school too. My old uncles, they always tell me I have a '60s soul. For the most part I wear Yves Saint Laurent, Thom Browne, Simon Spurr. They're some of the companies that are up-and-coming, some of the edgy companies that I am really rocking right now.

On how he says smart in business off the court:

It’s all about being smart and knowledgeable about what other business endeavors you want to get [involved] in, not just getting into it because it’s a fun thing to do or your accountant or your business manager brought it to you. You have to really know what you’re getting into. There are deals out there, companies that I could get into but I have no knowledge of the companies so for myself, I like to break it down, see if my brand will fit with that brand. If it does, then we rock out. If it doesn’t then we [can’t] take that risk.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment